They gave the series what Tamora Pierce would call “Twilight Covers” in the reprint of the books. They aren’t as bad as the Alanna Series covers, but they’re pretty close, and I’m upset about it.
I’m tired of the sexualization of female characters in books who spend the entire novel rebelling against this sexualization. It’s a way to completely go back on every message the text is trying to bring forward.
And don’t even get me started on the whitewashing of Fire.
She’s ambiguously colored so at first glance she could be white or maybe light-skinned. Also Bitterblue wouldn’t be white either, since she’s from Leinid heritage, which she very clearly is in the reprint cover. So..there’s that.14 notes, Posted: 8 months ago, tagged: #Graceling #Fire #Bitterblue #Alanna Series #Kristen Cashore #Tamora Pierce
- clutzy101 likes this
- bellotaccuino reblogged this from gingerrsnapped
- lumpyspacepeace likes this
- dizzydaisies likes this
- insanitydementia-and-ryuuzaki likes this
- emp63 likes this
- jedipagan reblogged this from gingerrsnapped
- makolevi likes this
- achings0uls reblogged this from gingerrsnapped
- clairvoyantness likes this
- i-am-not-superman reblogged this from gingerrsnapped
- i-am-not-superman likes this
- crayon-breakywillow likes this
- gingerrsnapped posted this